Registration is now live for the 2015 season and practice clinics:
PRACTICE CLINICS: Gulf Winds Triathletes will once again host a series of free practice clinics in 2015. Below are the links to sign-up for each clinic. Participants must register for the clinics via the links below:
Swim/Run Clinic #1, May 3rd: www.imathlete.com/events/TallahasseeYouthTriClinic1
- Swim/Run Clinic #2, June 28th: www.imathlete.com/events/TallahasseeYouthTriClinic2
- Swim/Run Clinic #3, August 23rd: www.imathlete.com/events/TallahasseeYouthTriClinic3
All Cinics will be held at the FSU Morcom Aquatics Center from 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
The Gulf Winds Triathletes Youth Clinics will focus on swimming, transitions, and running, and will be taught by award-winning triathletes. Admission is FREE, but each participant must be a USA Triathlon member and be able to swim 25 yds unassisted. If your child would like to try a practice clinic before committing to a race, simply purchase a one-day USAT membership. Keep in mind, we also offer FIRST-TIMERS WALKTHROUGHS before each race. These are held the Friday evening before each race date.
RACE REGISTRATION: Race entry fees directly cover race operation costs for each of the YTS events, including facility rental, our professional timing system, course management, t-shirts, publicity, awards, and the post-race family celebration. Each participant receives a goody bag with coupons and prizes from our race partners, a Tallahassee YTS t-shirt, and a finisher’s medal or dog tag. The top three finishers in each age (male and female) will receive a special award. Links to the registration site are directly below, and a breakdown of entry fees (based on registration date) can be found further down on this webpage.
- YTS Youth and Adult Super Sprint Triathlon, May 31st: www.imathlete.com/events/2015TallahasseeYTS1
- YTS Youth Splash and Dash, July 19th: www.imathlete.com/events/2015TallahasseeSplashandDash
- YTS Youth and Adult Super Sprint Triathlon, Sept. 6th: www.imathlete.com/events/2015TallahasseeYTS3
1. Registration fees do not incluse USA Triathlon membership fee or the imATHLETE.com registration fees.
2. Ensure you understand USA Triathlon’s Age-Up Rule (i.e. the age of the athlete is determined not by the age on race day but by the age the athlete will be on December 31, 2015. Click HERE for further explanation, as well as details on having your child race down an age group.
2. “Like” us on Facebook to stay updated on the 2015 race schedule, clinics, etc. And, if you are NOT registering but want to be placed on our email list, please send us your information so we can keep you informed about upcoming race dates/announcements.
Splash & Dash
|—||$15/participant – Thru June 11th||$35/participant – Thru July 27th|
|—||$20/participant - June12th thru July 1st||$40/participant - July 28th thru Aug. 19th|
|$47/participant - May 8th thru May 20th||$27/participant – July 2nd thru July 15th||$47/participant - Aug. 20th thru Sept. 2nd|
|LAST-MINUTE Registration at Packet Pick-up||$55/participant – If spots are available||$35/participant||$55/participant – if spots are available|
*No refunds. Entry fees CANNOT be transferred to another individual. They also do not include the mandatory USA Triathlon membership or imATHLETE service fees. Athletes can update their annual USAT membership, or purchase a single-day pass, at time of online registration.
DISCOUNT CODES: Two discounts are being offered this year – a family discount code ($4 savings/entry for multiple family members) and a code for Gulf Winds Triathletes and Rose City Triathlon Club members (20% savings/entry). Both are available upon request. Simply email us at info@TallahasseeYTS.com for the appropriate code.
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy
1. Tallahassee YTS Management in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
2. Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between Tallahassee YTS Management and local officials.
4. The Tallahassee YTS does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.