Thank you for your interest in the Tallahassee Youth Triathlon Series. Follow the directions below to register for our summer 2014 races and practice clinics.
PRACTICE CLINICS: By partnering with two local groups – Gulf Winds Triathletes Youth Clinics and Club Seminole – we have been able to schedule six training clinics in spring/summer 2014. Our goal is to help children feel confident on race day, so we require signup (see below), to ensure there are enough coaches on hand. Clinics are held at the FSU Morcom Aquatic Center.
Clinic Notes: The Club Seminole Swim Clinics will be swim only with instruction from the coaching staff of Club Seminole. The Gulf Winds Triathletes Youth Clinics will focus on swimming, transitions, and running, and will be taught by award-winning triathletes. Admission is FREE, but each participant must be a USA Triathlon member and be able to swim 25 yds unassisted. If your child would like to try a practice clinic before committing to a race, simply purchase a one-day USAT membership. Keep in mind, we also offer FIRST-TIMERS WALKTHROUGHS before each race. These are held the Friday evening before each race date.
RACE REGISTRATION: Race entry fees directly cover race operation costs for each of the YTS events, including facility rental, our professional timing system, course management, t-shirts, publicity, awards, and the post-race family celebration. Each participant receives a goody bag with coupons and prizes from our race partners, a Tallahassee YTS t-shirt, and a finisher’s medal or dog tag. The top three finishers in each age (male and female) will receive a special award.
CLICK ON THE DESIRED RACE DATE BELOW TO REGISTER.
However, before registering please…
1. Ensure you understand USA Triathlon’s Age-Up Rule (i.e. the age of the athlete is determined not by the age on race day but by the age the athlete will be on December 31, 2014. Click HERE for further explanation, as well as details on having your child race down an age group.
2. “Like” us on Facebook to stay updated on the 2014 race schedule, clinics, etc. And, if you are NOT registering but want to be placed on our email list, please send us your information so we can keep you informed about upcoming race dates/announcements.
|LAST-MINUTE Registration||–||–||$50 (Saturday 9/6 at Packet Pickup – 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Proctor Subaru)|
*No refunds. Entry fees CANNOT be transferred to another individual. They also do not include the mandatory USA Triathlon membership or imATHLETE service fees. Athletes can update their annual USAT membership, or purchase a single-day pass, at time of online registration.
DISCOUNT CODES: Two discounts are being offered this year – a family discount code ($4 savings/entry for multiple family members) and a code for Gulf Winds Triathletes ($5 savings/entry). Both are available upon request. Simply email us at info@TallahasseeYTS.com for the appropriate code.
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy
1. Tallahassee YTS Management in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
2. Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between Tallahassee YTS Management and local officials.
4. The Tallahassee YTS does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.